Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lexmark x4650 drivers

Beans

Re: Lexmark x4650 drivers HELP! UPDATE UPDATE

OK so managed to edit the PDD file to point to the right place for the prindriver link. HOWEVER I now get

Idle - File "/home/mark/lexmark/raw-lexmark-archive/usr/local/lexmark/08zero/bin/printdriver" has insecure permissions (0100555/uid=1000/gid=1000).

I have chmod the file to br r-x r-x r-x and reinstalled the printer to no effect.....

Now I really am out of ideas.....

Thanks chaps.....

Beans

Re: Lexmark x4650 drivers HELP!

i know this thread is old but im unable to execute the --raw-extract option in dpkg-deb. its not a valid switch for me. any ideas on how to either add the option or work around not having it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vincentvega2 View Post
    i know this thread is old but im unable to execute the --raw-extract option in dpkg-deb. its not a valid switch for me. any ideas on how to either add the option or work around not having it?
    I just followed the instructions listed on page 4 and they worked for me with 13.10 64 bit install on an old HP 8510p laptop and a lexmark x4650 printer connected to wifi. I printed test page wireless no problem. Going to see if I can get it to scan now. I have 7zip installed on my machine, do you have a zip extractor installed?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vincentvega2 View Post

to clarify I did not use the cups method mentioned. I just went into the printers program and added the printer in the same manner shown for the cups website. I got the ip address in the host field and kept 9100 as the port, then selected the dpp location shown in the post and found it in the file location as shown the posts previous shows looking in bin but it is actually in /etc as shown on page 4 unless you extracted or installed the package to another location. Hope this helps, also I am available on google helpouts if anyone wants help with this. Search CAD and I am one of the first to pop up.

Beans

Re: Lexmark x4650 drivers HELP! UPDATE UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by digimark View Post
    OK so managed to edit the PDD file to point to the right place for the prindriver link. HOWEVER I now get

Idle - File "/home/mark/lexmark/raw-lexmark-archive/usr/local/lexmark/08zero/bin/printdriver" has insecure permissions (0100555/uid=1000/gid=1000).

I have chmod the file to br r-x r-x r-x and reinstalled the printer to no effect.....

Now I really am out of ideas.....

Thanks chaps.....

Looks like you need to look in the following file location, just look to that directory using the printers program

raw-lexmark-archive/usr/local/lexmark/08zero/etc/lx36-46.ppd

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345