Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating a dual boot system after Ubuntu is already installed

Beans

Re: Creating a dual boot system after Ubuntu is already installed

I went into the BIOS and found something called SATA Operaton, and it had two options AHCI and ATA but I dont see anything for AHCI Settings. Could you give a little more info?

And yes XP set up starts but when I tell it to start the install, it says it cant find any windows partitions.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Just try the ATA setting
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

OMG I think it worked. For the first time I made it to the EULA, it didnt say "cant find windows partitions blah blah blah". I dont have time right now to investigate further but making it to the EULA is a big step forward. Next I gotta do all my partitions for dual boot: Linux, NTFS, Swap, etc, then install windows, then install linux. Lotta work to do but I got other stuff to do right now. In any case, thanks for your help, looks like its fixed.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by linux_trojan View Post
    OMG I think it worked. For the first time I made it to the EULA, it didnt say "cant find windows partitions blah blah blah". I dont have time right now to investigate further but making it to the EULA is a big step forward. Next I gotta do all my partitions for dual boot: Linux, NTFS, Swap, etc, then install windows, then install linux. Lotta work to do but I got other stuff to do right now. In any case, thanks for your help, looks like its fixed.
    Sorted eh
    Good
    Ubuntu 18.04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12