Thread: Screen resolution too small.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Post Screen resolution too small.

OK, first of all I'd like to say that I'm running Ubuntu inside a virtual box machine but since my problem is pretty generic I don't think it merits making the thread in the virtual machine forums. So a couple of days ago I tried to update ubuntu while in the campus but since the update was going so slow I decided to just cancel it. The next time I boot up ubuntu the max resolution is only 800x 600 which is too little. Finishing the upgrade did not solve anything. I'm using an Asus k52f laptop with intel graphics. Could anyone tell me where the file that had the screen resolutions is? The last time I did that was back in 2006 or something. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Screen resolution too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Extol11 View Post
    OK, first of all I'd like to say that I'm running Ubuntu inside a virtual box machine but since my problem is pretty generic I don't think it merits making the thread in the virtual machine forums. So a couple of days ago I tried to update ubuntu while in the campus but since the update was going so slow I decided to just cancel it. The next time I boot up ubuntu the max resolution is only 800x 600 which is too little. Finishing the upgrade did not solve anything. I'm using an Asus k52f laptop with intel graphics. Could anyone tell me where the file that had the screen resolutions is? The last time I did that was back in 2006 or something. Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried to (re)install the Virtualbox guest additions and then reboot the virtual machine?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Post Re: Screen resolution too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Pynalysis View Post
    Have you tried to (re)install the Virtualbox guest additions and then reboot the virtual machine?
    NOt really. I know it was working well with the guest additions installed and it was after the update that I cancelled that it started giving me this problem.