Thread: Need WPA2 Support for Cisco PCI wireless card

Beans

Post Need WPA2 Support for Cisco PCI wireless card

Hi, I want to install Ubuntu, I have installed it before, and there is no WPA2 support. It can detect my wifi network, but it won't let me click it. If I try to add it manually, it will freeze up at the enter encryption key dialog, and I won't be able to type it in, because there is nowhere to type it in! (Ubuntu didn't freeze, it was just the dialog.) I have a IBM ThinkPad T30 with a Cisco Systems PCI Wireless LAN Adapter for Wifi, and a Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection for Ethernet. Wired connections work perfectly, I just don't have a long enough ethernet cable. So Can you please help a noob here? Your Gratitude is appreciated.

-Os Is Open Source

Beans

Re: Need WPA2 Support for Cisco PCI wireless card

Beans

Is that the Aironet 350 card? I had one in my old X30 - iirc it supports WPA but I never found any way to get it to support WPA2

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by OSIsOpenSource View Post
    Hi, I want to install Ubuntu, I have installed it before, and there is no WPA2 support. It can detect my wifi network, but it won't let me click it. If I try to add it manually, it will freeze up at the enter encryption key dialog, and I won't be able to type it in, because there is nowhere to type it in! (Ubuntu didn't freeze, it was just the dialog.) I have a IBM ThinkPad T30 with a Cisco Systems PCI Wireless LAN Adapter for Wifi, and a Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection for Ethernet. Wired connections work perfectly, I just don't have a long enough ethernet cable. So Can you please help a noob here? Your Gratitude is appreciated.

-Os Is Open Source
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldriver View Post
    Is that the Aironet 350 card? I had one in my old X30 - iirc it supports WPA but I never found any way to get it to support WPA2
    The CISCO Aironet 350 series do not support WPA2

Cisco Aironet 350 series products do not support WPA 2 because their radios lack AES support.
    From http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk72...8054339e.shtml
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Why not just reconfigure your router's encryption to WPA, or even WEP? Not all cards support all encryptions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by steeldriver View Post
    must be. I'm running windows and it works fine with WPA, but not WPA2.
    Last edited by OSIsOpenSource; December 27th, 2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Double check.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by OSIsOpenSource View Post
    It's not. I'm running windows and it works fine with WPA2.
    Do you want to go out on a limb and tell us what card it is then

The forum crystal ball is experiencing heavy traffic over the holiday season.

Peace
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013