Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: A little early to write off Microsoft, but interesting reading

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: A little early to write off Microsoft, but interesting reading

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    no worrying
    you don't respond to sarcasm at all do you? lol.... seriously though how do you see MSFT and Oracle as companies that need to be protected and yet Google you see as a huge danger? Google for a start are one of the biggest innovators out there

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Primefalcon View Post
    you don't respond to sarcasm at all do you? lol.... seriously though how do you see MSFT and Oracle as companies that need to be protected and yet Google you see as a huge danger? Google for a start are one of the biggest innovators out there
    Never said that, I dislike anti competitive behaviour in any company, sector, market.

Google has little regard for other peoples property which is a shame they are very capable of very good work.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Never said that, I dislike anti competitive behaviour in any company, sector, market.

Google has little regard for other peoples property which is a shame they are very capable of very good work.
    what I am comparing this:
    We need to ensure companies like MSFT, HP, Apple, IBM, Samsung, Oracle, Redhat, Dell etc survive
    yet you say Google is bad and worrying? Are you saying that Oracle, MSFT and Apple are better than Google? How?
    Last edited by Primefalcon; December 7th, 2012 at 05:34 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Primefalcon View Post
    what I am comparing this:

yet you say Google is bad and worrying? Are you saying that Oracle, MSFT and Apple are better than Google? How?
    No
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What exactly are you referring to?

Google isn't anti-competitive, its just that most companies can't compete with them.

Microsoft, Apple and Oracle have behaved in plenty of anti-competitive behaviour, much more so than Google...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

KiwiNZ you have me puzzled tbh, on one post you said we needed to ensure companies like this survived... later you said google was a huge risk to competitiveness... and that it was "worrying"

it just seems to be that you kinda made a distinction between those companies and google... saying that they needed to survive and that google though is... worrying..

oh nvm I am going to bed.... have enough on my plate dealing with cancer isssues... I am not up to these mind puzzler games..... I bow in defeat sir

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post
    Samsung is incredibly overrated in mobile. HTC makes much better products.
    Samsung is the only other smartphone maker aside from Apple showing any serious profit. HTC's profits are in freefall.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dpny View Post
    Samsung is the only other smartphone maker aside from Apple showing any serious profit. HTC's profits are in freefall.
    Profits are not necessarily an indicator of quality. HTC has many problems, but quality isn't one....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post
    Profits are not necessarily an indicator of quality. HTC has many problems, but quality isn't one....
    Doesn't matter how good the quality is, if they don't make money selling the things the company will stop selling them. Nokia was widely recognized as making the best built phones available, and now they're a glorified Microsoft division hemorrhaging money.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You can pretty much thank both MFST and Apple on that one they both get a cut of every Android phone sold by HTC, MSFT actually makes more money from Android phones sold than their own Windows Phones

plenty of sources on that too: https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=microsoft+makes+ more+money+from+android+than+windows+phones&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast