Page 247 of 299 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans

Re: Mh some errors

I have one question about the 0.7 preferences dialog. I see there's a checkbox for enabling the GM itself. If I clear that do I need to relog in order to access the normal app menus? I need to redo some keyboard shortcuts that got reset for some reason and I can't change them within the GM.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kinap View Post
    that did the trick, i had vala 0.5.1.

kinda wierd as the ./configure says, warning needing vala 5.1 (or something like that)

Thanks
    0.5.1 and 0.5.2 are both fine(I am working on a 0.5.2)

0.5.3 is not tested.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    I have one question about the 0.7 preferences dialog. I see there's a checkbox for enabling the GM itself. If I clear that do I need to relog in order to access the normal app menus? I need to redo some keyboard shortcuts that got reset for some reason and I can't change them within the GM.
    You need to remove the GTK_MODULES line from your .gnomerc to use that checkbox.

All you need then is to check that box to steal the menubars.

uncheck that box will return the menubars to the application windows. A re-login is recommended.

There might be random crashes if you rapidly do the switching for multiple times. The cause of the crashes is not yet clear, some should be related to gnome-settings-daemon, some should be related to global menu.

Global Menu doesn't really do the editable keyboard shortcuts. The shortcut key in global menu is merely a label. Neither does it reflect changes of the shortcut keys.

Globally grabbing keyboard shortcuts might be implemented in 0.8; but even if it is implemented, there is no easy way to edit the shortcuts since there is no easy way to tell the applications about the new shortcut.

Beans

Thanks, rain! I've got to log out soon so I'll check it out tomorrow. The good news is that I should be able to use the std shortcuts for writing blog posts on WP.com with GM, but I'll have to check it the next time I write a post.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rainwoodman View Post
    0.5.1 and 0.5.2 are both fine(I am working on a 0.5.2)

0.5.3 is not tested.
    Vala 0.5.3 worked for me on Intrepid. No problems with 0.7 so far.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Is there any solution for menus not being grabbed from programs with root privileges?
    Intel C2 3.0Ghz E8400 / Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H / 4GB DDR2-PC6400 / 1TB & 320GB SATA Seagate.

Asus EeePC 901

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rainwoodman View Post
    You need to remove the GTK_MODULES line from your .gnomerc to use that checkbox.

All you need then is to check that box to steal the menubars.

uncheck that box will return the menubars to the application windows. A re-login is recommended.

There might be random crashes if you rapidly do the switching for multiple times. The cause of the crashes is not yet clear, some should be related to gnome-settings-daemon, some should be related to global menu.

Global Menu doesn't really do the editable keyboard shortcuts. The shortcut key in global menu is merely a label. Neither does it reflect changes of the shortcut keys.

Globally grabbing keyboard shortcuts might be implemented in 0.8; but even if it is implemented, there is no easy way to edit the shortcuts since there is no easy way to tell the applications about the new shortcut.
    I edited my .gnomerc and restarted and it's working wonderfully. Of course Epiphany doesn't remember my manually changed shortcuts from one browser session to the next so just using GM could go a great way to fixing the WP.com annoyance, although Evo's shortcuts could still drive me battier than I already am. Whodathunk Firefox used some weird, unstandardized shortcut keys for little things like showing/hiding the preview window and marking email read.

Quote Originally Posted by LavianoTS386 View Post
    Is there any solution for menus not being grabbed from programs with root privileges?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Just wanted to thank all the hard work the authors of this app have put into it. Just got it working today on Intrepid, one of the features I missed most from my hardy install. Looking forward to seeing the new version up on the PPA.

Cheers!

Edit: Can anyone help me out in disabling the applet for certain applications other than just the fast user switcher? I use the Guake dropdown terminal and would prefer it not be recognized by the global menu.
    Last edited by kvanderslice; January 3rd, 2009 at 04:08 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LavianoTS386 View Post
    Don't use .gnomenurc to load the global menu plugin module. Use the preference entry in the applet preference dialog.

Beans

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by kvanderslice View Post
    Just wanted to thank all the hard work the authors of this app have put into it. Just got it working today on Intrepid, one of the features I missed most from my hardy install. Looking forward to seeing the new version up on the PPA.

Cheers!

Edit: Can anyone help me out in disabling the applet for certain applications other than just the fast user switcher? I use the Guake dropdown terminal and would prefer it not be recognized by the global menu.
    method 1:
    alias guake="env GLOBALMENU_GNOME_ARGS=--disable guake"

method 2:
    export GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC=guake

Page 247 of 299 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297 ... LastLast