Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Did you try setting each control twice? Like Map L2 to the joypad's L2, and then immediately map L2 to the joypad's L2 again instead of moving on to R2?
    Ahh, no, I didn't. Now you mention it, though, it seems like the solution. For some reason ePSXe won't start for me right now (probably OSS and the one-app-using-sound-at-a-time thing), so I can't confirm right now, but I will when I get the chance.
    -Vertimyst

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter7 View Post
    Ahh, no, I didn't. Now you mention it, though, it seems like the solution. For some reason ePSXe won't start for me right now (probably OSS and the one-app-using-sound-at-a-time thing), so I can't confirm right now, but I will when I get the chance.
    Start ePSXe from command line and see what it outputs. By the way, you can compile PEOpS SPU plugin for ALSA, also. Or start using SPU Eternal right away and select SDL as output.
    Last edited by F-3582; November 30th, 2007 at 09:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@F-3582
    ya, good point. Added to the configuration section.

Beans

Thanks - there was a blackout last night, so my computer was off, and I didn't get a chance to try running ePSXe from the terminal, but it runs fine now. After obtaining the dev libraries for SDL, I have Eternal SPU working.

Arigatou!
    -Vertimyst

Beans
    Distro

I am trying to build a 32 bit version of PEOpS ALSA SPU. I get the .so file just fine, but I can't seem to get the cfgPeopsALSA to compile. Anyone know how too make this work?
    To start with, it was filled with DOS files (in a directory called linuxcfg) so I did a good old dos2unix on it. If I run configure, it tells me if can't find an install.sh. If I run make, it can't find gtk.h. libgtk1.2-dev (and 2.0-dev) are installed.
    I feel like I am missing something obvious, but for the life of me, I just can't find it. Any help with this would be awesome. If I can get it to compile, I will put a tar in my pub dir, and add it to the how-to.

Beans
    Distro

ok... never mind.... Seems that it uses cfgPeopsOSS with both the ALSA and OSS plugins. Same config file too. Will be adding this to my How-To shortly.
    Still can't get it to build the cfg program, but, I don't really need it to ATM, since the one that comes with it seems to work fine so far (at work, so can't test the actual sound).
    Last edited by Felson; November 30th, 2007 at 07:41 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dfreer View Post
    I'll have to grab my USB controllers and load up ePSXe again, but I know I configured my controllers using the Padjoy GUI. Did you try setting each control twice? Like Map L2 to the joypad's L2, and then immediately map L2 to the joypad's L2 again instead of moving on to R2?
    Like I said, I'll try it again here when I get the chance.
    The problem, I just tested in ePSXe/pcsx using padjoy, seems to be limited only to mapping the joysticks. Mapping the buttons seem to work normally. Anyways, the actual workaround is like this:

Press the button to map "Up", and then press the joystick up. It should map to the correct axis. Then just press the button to map "Up" once. Move on to the next button and repeat.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Thank you for this how-to!

I'm having a few small problems, however:

1) once I have the BIOS file, how do I move it to the appropriate folder?
    2) how can I add epsxe to the games folder in my applications menu?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

1.: I'm not sure about the user privileges in the $EPSXE folder. Anyway, if in doubt, just type the following:

Code:
    sudo mv yourbios.bin $EPSXE/bios
    2.: In the menu System -> Preferences -> Main Menu there's an option called "New Item". Just select the Games category and add the epsxe launcher there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by F-3582 View Post
    1.: I'm not sure about the user privileges in the $EPSXE folder. Anyway, if in doubt, just type the following:

Code:
    sudo mv yourbios.bin $EPSXE/bios
    2.: In the menu System -> Preferences -> Main Menu there's an option called "New Item". Just select the Games category and add the epsxe launcher there.
    I'll try that, thanks

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast