Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: having video problems while trying live cd...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: having video problems while trying live cd...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    I suggest not to install now unless everything will work just fine with you. That's the main idea behind The Live Session.
    Any ideas on fixing this? I still dont fully understand what exactly isnt working

Beans

Ughhhh how do i get this thing working?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by mjloesch99 View Post
    Any ideas on fixing this? I still dont fully understand what exactly isnt working
    I did post some links for you. Have you checked these links or not yet? if you haven't yet, please do

Beans

Hi I am having a similar problem. I am attempting to install xubuntu using a livecd. The cd boots and I can get to the splash screen on both the try without installing and the installer itself but after a few seconds I lose output. I looked at the links but I am not sure what boot option to try.

Beans

Ughhhh how do i get this thing working?
    Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    I did post some links for you. Have you checked these links or not yet? if you haven't yet, please do
    I did get the link, but I don't get that screen. I looked around for safemode but I couldn't find anything, I got a menu using f1 through 10 and they were boot options. However I think that these options were for problems after installation. For example I tried going into rescue mode but it needed something to rescue... How do I reach the option for safemode, with the current interface?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I did get the link, but I don't get that screen. I looked around for safemode but I couldn't find anything, I got a menu using f1 through 10 and they were boot options. However I think that these options were for problems after installation. For example I tried going into rescue mode but it needed something to rescue... How do I reach the option for safemode, with the current interface?
    Do you get this screen when you boot your machine from your LiveUSB?

Last edited by amjjawad; August 11th, 2011 at 05:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu in it's eternal wisdom has decided to hide that screen

When you boot from the live cd, you should get a screen with 2 small 'icons' at the bottom. One a keyboard, the other one a human in a circle. If you get that far, press <esc> and you will get the above shown menu. If you don't get that far, let us know.
    If you don't make backups of your important data, your data is obviously not important to you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I have an idea..... don't flame me if I am wrong though. I just using Ubuntu about a week ago. My first LiveCD I made had an error in it, so it would not load properly when I went to install. I had to burn another disc and ran the Check disc for errors option to make sure, that worked for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
    I have an idea..... don't flame me if I am wrong though. I just using Ubuntu about a week ago. My first LiveCD I made had an error in it, so it would not load properly when I went to install. I had to burn another disc and ran the Check disc for errors option to make sure, that worked for me.
    After you download any iso for any distro, please make sure to check MD5SUM.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast