Page 105 of 128 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1273

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Quote Originally Posted by azncookiecutter View Post
    I got 0.4.11 installed, it's from the hardy repos listed on the first post of this thread.
    That is probably your problem. I am not at home right now, so don't have the link, but if you do a search for btnx +subversion +hardy, you should find it. I had the same issues and when I installed the version from the subversion trunk, it worked fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

i did this and it says "couldn't find package btnx
    sudo apt-get install btnx
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Couldn't find package btnx
    EDIT: i visit the manual page of btnx and install it. but the revoco settings are disabled.
    according to this page
    http://www.ollisalonen.com/btnx/man/x613.html
    The settings are disabled if an MX Revolution mouse has not been detected by btnx-config. The screenshot below shows btnx-config with the revoco settings tab open.
    mine is not a MX Revolution but i want to correct it's horizontal scroll wheel - it acts the same as the vertical scroll wheel and scroll the page vertically. the speed of the vertical wheel is slow too. this mouse has a left button, right button, thumb button, vertical scroll wheel and horizontal scroll wheel. how can i make the horizontal wheel work? thanks! it is an A4-Tech WWW-9 mechanic mouse.
    Last edited by afeasfaerw23231233; May 22nd, 2008 at 03:03 PM.
    Ubuntu 7.10 on P4 1.8G and PIII 933mHz

Beans

Revoco is designed to trigger a hardware response from only 2 mouses on the market:

The Logitech MX Revolution and the Logitech VX Revolution. All it does is tell the mouse to either click with the turn of the wheel, or to not click using it. nothing more, nothing less. The other mouse in that series, the VX Nano, doesn't switch between modes due to software, or anything other than depressing the scroll wheel.

The short answer, Revoco won't work for any other mouses. Period.

It doesn't do what you want!

Now go do some homework. It's the best way to learn.

p.s. Don't take this as being unhelpful/short/disrespectful. If I can read every single post on this topic, so can you... and you'll end up better for it.
    When the only peace your enemy understands is the "Peace of the dead," you have no choice but to make peace in those terms.

Beans

I'm having issues getting btnx to detect a few of my mouse buttons. I'm using a logitech mx518 and it wont detect the sensitivity up/down or the button in the center of the mouse. I'm running hardy 8.04. Sorry if a fix for this has been posted, but I couldn't find anything with the search feature/skimming through the thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have a Logitech MX610 and i have been looking around for the best way to get all the buttons to work proberly, will this allow me to use the IM, and the tilt wheel? Also would i be able to pass 2 mouse keys as a keyboard combination? Is this better then this one for me: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Logitech_MX610.
    Thanks

Beans

Btnx can do everything you want except allow a button to be used as a standalone modifier key. That's not currently a supported feature.
    When the only peace your enemy understands is the "Peace of the dead," you have no choice but to make peace in those terms.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dondad View Post
    That is probably your problem. I am not at home right now, so don't have the link, but if you do a search for btnx +subversion +hardy, you should find it. I had the same issues and when I installed the version from the subversion trunk, it worked fine.
    Nope, still won't work. The SVN version doesn't even restart when hitting the restart btnx button. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by blazoner View Post
    Btnx can do everything you want except allow a button to be used as a standalone modifier key. That's not currently a supported feature.
    what is a standalone modifier key, and does this mean that if i go ahead and install the other way to use MX610, i can still use this? and would it do the horizantel scrolling?

Beans

It means that although you can set a key to be for example right_alt, btnx will only read a single button press at a time, which means if you hit and hold right_alt, and left_click, btnx only reads the right_alt, not the left_click. In other words, you can't get it to do what you were talking about.
    If it's really that big of an issue for you now, I'd suggest using something like this post to help you set your mouse up. It is a bit more complicated, however.
    Eventually, btnx will have that functionality, but it'll probably be a little bit before it does.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

If we could get this app to resume after suspend with or without a hack, it would make me very happy.

If I turn off my mouse, lock the laptop or suspend, btnx stops and will not resume unless I restart btnx manually.

I have filed a bug for this.

Do we just need to put something in resume.d?
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Page 105 of 128 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast