Thread: Xbox 360 Clone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Xbox 360 Clone?

Hello,

I was playing on my Xbox 360 and was wondering if there was a linux distro that looks like Xbox 360 os.

I did a quick search on google and found nothing but that the original 360 os was not compadable with a pc (duh!!)but it said nothing about a distro that looks like Xbox os!

I know that there is a distro based on Ubuntu that looks like a tablet called Joli os (formally Joli Colud) but nothing that looks like Xbox 360.

Any help with this question would be welcomed.

Beans

Re: Xbox 360 Clone?

it's called windows 8
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    it's called windows 8
    No Metro UI, the metro UI is just the new start menu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rukiri View Post
    No Metro UI, the metro UI is just the new start menu.
    doesn't it boot straight into the metro ui?
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

I'm playing with server 2012, it's pretty sweet and amazingly fast surprisingly (since when is windows..fast?) Yea it boots into the Metro UI but it can be disabled and windows 8 will apparently be even more customizable than win7. I'll hold my breath, Unity isn't that customizable.

REFS is quick if anyone hasn't gave it a go, you do need the RTM version or server 2012 as the RTM version does require a mod but REFS is there.

Speed wise, it's faster than both btrfs and zfs, haven't had anything crash yet and I've been doing a lot of intense CPU and GPU stuff.

Wouldn't surprise me if MS took ideas from zfs and btrfs.