Thread: Mouse event script

Beans

Mouse event script

Hi! I'm very new to Ubuntu and I installed it today. Everything is working really good except one thing, my mouse. I think I have a hardware malfunction cause the mouse (intellimouse explorer 3.0) is often sending double click events instead of single click events when I single click.
    I solved this problem in Windows by downloading a program written by someone on the internet, that stopped the events from releasing the mouse button and hence somewhat solved the problem. I couldn't find the website where this program was uploaded again, so I'm wondering if there is such a script/program for Ubuntu? If not, is it hard to write? Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Mouse event script

Try first to play with the double click speed and also with sensitivity at the dialog accessible from menu `System|Preferences|Mouse'.
    To suppress free speech is a double wrong. It violates the rights of the hearer as well as those of the speaker.
    Free Software - Free Society | The GNU Project | FSF | ESP

Beans

Re: Mouse event script

Kind of solved the problem by finding the existing windowsprogram "MouseFix.dll" and running it through wine. I'd better get a new mouse though