Thread: Triple booting Mac: Mac and Ubuntu work fine, but as for windows display mode...

Beans

Cool Triple booting Mac: Mac and Ubuntu work fine, but as for windows display mode...

I understand this isn't a windows support forum, though I'm guessing there's more than a few people in here that may be (or have been) triple booting! And doing a search on the web, there didn't seem to be anything in particular for people who are triple-booting (or even anything for people using Bootcamp for that matter).

After finally getting Ubuntu working absolutely perfectly on the Mac, and after having been using nothing but Ubuntu over the last few days, I needed to go back to Windows XP to re-install the firmware for my Xperia phone.

However, to my horror, my display setting now refuses to change to anything other than 4-bit 640x480. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?

I'm using the Core 2 (Aluminium) 24" Mac which I bought last year, if that helps anyone.

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Triple booting Mac: Mac and Ubuntu work fine, but as for windows display mode...

Is there an iMac Video and monitor driver on Apple's site for Windows? That'd be my first look. I don't have one of those nice new shiny aluminum iMacs, but I have a working PowerMac G4 that's been switching between Ubuntu and Debian or OSX Tiger pretty much seamless.
    For a full signature / about me, see my website.

Beans

Re: Triple booting Mac: Mac and Ubuntu work fine, but as for windows display mode...

There is an NVidia driver that I keep trying to access, but it keeps telling me there's some sort of mismatch between the version of the application and the driver. So I reinstalled all the Bootcamp drivers and tried to restart windows, but I'm still getting the same issue.

Glad to hear things are working on your PowerPC though- I tried installing Ubuntu, then Debian, onto an old blue-plastic mac and just about had everything working apart from the sound!!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the NVidia driver is the one installed by default by the Bootcamp Driver installation
    Last edited by Dark_Ronius; September 21st, 2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some info...