Thread: Online TV viewing issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Online TV viewing issues

I have recently upgraded to 10.04 and now I can not view abc.net.au/iview programs. The first time I visited the site I was told to upgrade the Adobe flashplayer, which was all good for 1 day and now when I try to watch a show it will close Firefox. When I restart FF it asks me if I want to start a new session or continue with the last one.

Coincidently now some games that I have installed through the Software Centre (Neverputt,Billiard-GL, Foobilliard being the ones I have tried) won't play/load at all. Not all games, Tali and Barrage work no probs.

I have updated everything I have been asked to and FF is the latest version.

Other online sites (http://ten.com.au/watch-tv-episodes-online.htm) that use flash still work fine
    Last edited by thestretchman; June 3rd, 2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: More information

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Online TV viewing issues

Your system is 32bit or 64bit?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am pretty sure it is 32bit.

I installed Chromium and tried to open the player and Flashplayer crashed. At the moment I have left Fllashplayer uninstalled. Is there an alternative or an update?

Beans
    Distro

Grab the latest beta release of FLASH-AID. It will remove conflicting plugins and install the proper flash version according to your browser architecture.

If you don't use Firefox or prefer to fix the problem from command-line, then see the Flash Optimization section of Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread.

Additionally, make sure you don't have libmoon installed. This package is causing such crashes when viewing flash content.

If that doesn't help, then you could get the latest beta flash version from Adobe and extract it to ~/.mozilla/plugins. Don't run FLASH-AID after this, because it will remove any flash plugin from the ~/.mozilla/plugins folder.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; June 3rd, 2010 at 09:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nothing has worked.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by thestretchman View Post
    Nothing has worked.
    The problem occurs only on ABC right? Other video sites work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yes just ABC Iview as far as I can tell, the Ch10 site plays no probs. But I haven't been to others. My games are still not opening either.

When I use the Chromium browser and try the iview site it gives an error msg

The following plugin has crashed: /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so
    Last edited by thestretchman; June 7th, 2010 at 05:58 AM.

Beans

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I've come across exactly the same thing, none of the recommendations have worked for me either. It also seems to only occur in full screen mode.

What a drag. Loved using iView and didn't run into a problem until this week.

Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

Beans
    Distro

I don't have access to ABC, so I can't even test it. If you are on 64but, I woud try the new flash plugin.