Thread: Getting EPS with embedded TeX converted to PNG

Beans

Getting EPS with embedded TeX converted to PNG

Hi all,

I'm using LyX as a TeX editor and I'm using Metapost to draw images for my documents. Metaposts supports embedding TeX inside the graphic, and after generation I get an EPS file. In order for these images to be displayed correctly in LyX, I need a converter that can correctly convert these EPS files to PNG. I think this task is trivial when the EPS files does not contain TeX, but otherwise all the converters I try spews errors. Can anyone tell me of a command line util that will do so?

Beans

Re: Getting EPS with embedded TeX converted to PNG

did you try gimp or inkscape yet?
    Warning! Ubuntu might cause smashed Windows. Are you sure you want to continue? [y/n] y

Beans

It would help if you said which converters you have tried. Did you try for example, "convert file.eps file.png"?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I don't use lyx but with pdflatex I use epstopdf to convert eps images on the fly to pdf. For graphs I prefer to keep vector images over conversion to png.

Beans

I reread the first post. And I would agree with FreeTheBee, convert to pdf via epstopdf and then use these images in your tex files. I don't work with Lyx either, but normally it should work just fine.
    Warning! Ubuntu might cause smashed Windows. Are you sure you want to continue? [y/n] y