Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capture Video With Black Magic Intensity Pro

Beans

Capture Video With Black Magic Intensity Pro

I have downloaded and installed the drivers and made sure it is working and running properly.

The only thing I can't find is a program that will record from it. Anyone has any suggestions on which programs to use?

FYI:
    Windows 7 / Ubuntu 9.10 dual boot
    Intel Ci7 920
    1TB - Partitioned for Windows 7 and Ubuntu
    750GB - Backup
    3TB Raid 0
    12GB DDR3 RAM

Also, how do I make it that I can view and use my RAID system. It works fine in Windows but now in Ubuntu which is a first. (P.S. Asus Rampage II does not have any linux drivers for any RAID software)

Thanks a lot guys, I tried searching the forums/google but have found nothing except old articles of people complaining that blackmagic has never made any linux drivers. Now that there is drivers I can't seem to find a good program that can utilize the device. Kino doesn't work because it uses firewire. I tried KDenLive but I can't seem to get video4linux2 to work? I have no clue on how to use FFMPEG from the command line. Any other suggestions? I tried installing cinelerra but it did not appear in my applications -> sound and video> tab.

Beans

Re: Capture Video With Black Magic Intensity Pro

Never mind, I'm an idiot. They already have a program I can interface with to record. My only concern now is how am I able to view the RAID drive? I can see it in Windows but not on Ubuntu.

Beans

I am looking to buy one of these.... did you figure out your RAID issue?

Beans

Now its easy to capture from the Blackmagic Intensity Cards on Linux , by using the blackmagic gstreamer source , made available by Media-Magic Technologies. More info @ http://mediamagictechnologies.com/products.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I thought the BlackMagic supported Linux anyway?

Beans

Sure Blackmagic supports Linux drivers, but I was mentioning about the gstreamer plugin that would help the user to capture blackmagic data in gstreamer applications seemlessly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by gst-kaps View Post
    Sure Blackmagic supports Linux drivers, but I was mentioning about the gstreamer plugin that would help the user to capture blackmagic data in gstreamer applications seemlessly.
    How expensive is the GStreamer plugin for the Intensity card? Looks interesting but they don't list any prices. You know what they say, if you have to ask, its too expensive.

Beans

The Plugin is not expensive, and its not from Blackmagic Design but from company named Media-Magic Technologies. You can try sending a request to business@mediamagictechnologies.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I am interested in utilizing the Blackmagic Intensity Pro as well. I currently need component capture abilities; however, I feel the HDMI input will come in handy as well with future shooting. I've used Cinellera a bit and enjoy some of it's features. I wish I could know ahead of time which products will work with this card. If us as a Linux community can get this card well integrated with Ubuntu or Ubuntu Studio, we will have made the final huge step to considering Ubuntu as an un-compromising alternative to proprietary Apple and Windows based products. True professional video editing/finishing will be the last leg of the "Linux as a production solution" rise to popularity.
    Autodesk Smoke has been running on Linux for years and is the pinnacle of video editing, allthough very specific on it's host OS Linux flavor and hardware specs. Having this Intensity Pro card fully integrated into professional editing available for any Linux flavor would give any professional absolutely no reason to look anywhere else.

I became excited when I learned Linux was supported as noted on the Blackmagic website for the Intensity Pro. I was a bit less excited when I've been reading mixed reviews on the card's actual integration with available editing applications.
    If anyone has any first hand experience with this card, I would love to know how it all has went. I'm trying to collect several data points while planning my system build.

Beans

Nausser, the blackmagic intensity card , seems to work well . I am able to do synchronous audio-video capture & playback using the blackmagic gstreamer plugin, mentioned above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast