Thread: deluge sandvine issue

Beans

deluge sandvine issue

hey,
    I was using Vuze before but it was more than a bit of a resource hog for just something to download torrents. I had used Deluge before and went back to it but I have run across 2 issues. 1, Even with the encryption Bell Sympatico's sandvine is not letting me dl more than 30k/s. 2, I was looking to migrate back to Vuze or try out another torrent program but Deluge has wiped out my stored torrents and I have no idea where the heck they are :S
    Does anyone know a way to get the encryption to work properly in Deluge? I attempted to look it up on their forum, Google, and here but am not finding much success.

oh and I have Deluge 1.2.1 .

thanx

Beans

Re: deluge sandvine issue

Maybe you should try uTorrent (in Wine)? It certainly has working encryption. Its GUI is very similar to Deluge. Finally, uTorrent 2.0 clients use UDP packets (uTP) for data traffic. I'm not sure if uTP works in Wine, but it's worth a try (because sandvine probably still can't block it).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Did you post a question on Deluge Forums for the developers to see because posting on this forum I doubt they will see it thus will be unable to help.

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/ContactUs

Beans

well...
    I feel like a noob
    installed Ubuntu 10.04, put vuze on here, set up the anti-sandvine stuff. got stuck with 30-50kbps ...
    RESET THE ROUTER
    hey it works
    hmmm...
    installed Deluge
    and it works
    ... sigh...
    would have worked all this time if I had reset the router before
    oh well
    problem solved