Thread: Believe my comments misunderstood

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Believe my comments misunderstood

My comments made in: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1438636
    were not meant to cause trouble and I think were misunderstood. i.e., Yup was said in agreement to what I thought the poster was talking about, the quote contained in my post. As for being "Snarky", the only comments I can think of that could be understood in that context were in reference to myself, but could see how that might be misunderstood. And, no I didn't notice any bad language in the post when I quoted it and if I had I wouldn't have quoted it.

If Snarky means saying that anything can be edited/banded, what-have-you, by the rules of the CoC, then I do stand by that statement because there is no limit to how subjectively a PM or Admin is required interpret content.

If you think that my implication that I might get in trouble was some sort of admission of guilt you would be mistaken. That comment followed my reading of the material associated with the link. Do I think Nevon was trying to create problems. My answer would be no; I think he saw what he believed to be a related issue, but I can't speak for Devon's motives. I can only say that I did not violate the CoC by action or intent.
    Profit is a Necessary Element of Philanthropy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Believe my comments misunderstood

The warning has already expired anyway, but I'll go ahead and reverse it. Thank you for the explanation. It is not our goal to be punitive, but rather to try to help people remember our goal of being the most welcoming and friendly tech forum around. In the interests of good relations and because you readily admitted the post could easily have been understood in a less-than-positive manner, I'm happy to reverse it.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Oh, I am asking that the warning be removed. If you look at my first post in that thread you'll get a better perspective of what my intentions are.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    The warning has already expired anyway, but I'll go ahead and reverse it. Thank you for the explanation. It is not our goal to be punitive, but rather to try to help people remember our goal of being the most welcoming and friendly tech forum around. In the interests of good relations and because you readily admitted the post could easily have been understood in a less-than-positive manner, I'm happy to reverse it.
    As was my goal by getting involved in the thread, but Thank you.