Thread: Getting an old version of Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Getting an old version of Ubuntu

Hi,
    Can any nice person tell me a link to the archived LTS versions of Ubuntu (Hardy, Feisty, etc.)? I've looked on the Ubuntu main site and done a forum search but struck out.
    I have an old laptop that struggles with Karmic so wanted an older version within it's ability. (I want to stick with ubuntu rather than another distro to keep my learning time down). The machine is maxed out with RAM so I can't do anything hardware wise.
    Thanks
    Andy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Getting an old version of Ubuntu

Wouldn't you be better with Xubuntu 9.10? Or strip the GUI and install Fluxbox or similar?

I shouldn't think that going back to a previous Ubuntu version will give you the sort of resource savings that you'd get by going back to Windows 95 for example. May give you similar vulnerabilities though.

But, if you want to:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by r-senior View Post
    I shouldn't think that going back to a previous Ubuntu version will give you the sort of resource savings that you'd get by going back to Windows 95 for example. May give you similar vulnerabilities though.
    So not true. All security issues are backported to their respective release. See the changelog for Apache for example. You will get security fixes even if you run an older version. You cannot compare this to Windows mate. EOL'ed versions will eventually lead to vulnerabilities which are not fixed anymore. Normal, supported versions do not.
    Upgrade Ubuntu | Upgrade unsupported Ubuntu versions | Always backup | Howto upgrade flash
    Minimal CD install | Remove old kernels | My blog | Linux user #462801 | Conscience doth make cowards of us all. -- Shakespeare

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I only said "may" and "similar", not "definitely" and "same as".

I was thinking of EOL versions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks all, I'll create a few live CD/DVD and see what the older version do.