Thread: Nintendo 64 USF and miniUSF playback

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Nintendo 64 USF and miniUSF playback

The Nintendo (Ultra) 64 Sound Format is very close to the PSF (Playstation Sound format) found in Audacious plugins. Unfortunately the last remnants of the linux version of 64th Note, the popular USF plugin have disappeared from the internet.

Does anybody know of another linux based solution to play the N64 USF and MiniUSF files, without using Wine?

The Windows Source for 64th Note is available online at USF Central.
    Have heard about the possibility of a SongBird addon for USF/PSF support, but no author or developer has come forward.

Appreciated
    -- SamichX
    Never behave as your enemy expects.
    Personal Homepage - YouTube Videos

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Nintendo 64 USF and miniUSF playback

Bump

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I'm happy to say there is a plugin that works in Audacious.

lazyUSF

http://joshw.info/
    The idea of copyright did not exist in ancient times, when authors frequently copied other authors at length in works of non-fiction. This practice was useful, and is the only way many authors' works have survived even in part. -- Richard Stallman

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I've seen it. I downloaded the precompiled binary, which as JoshW states is really not ready. But now I have my answer - there was absolutely no support. I've also decided to look at JoshW's SVN'd Source that is available. It looks promising - it is simple and could be reconstructed for GStreamer and make its way into the default media players (all of them.)

I really wish we had more documentation about MiniUSF files so that this wasn't as much of an uphill battle for volunteer developers.

SPC and NSF are now working in Totem and other GStreamer based Media players - it could be our new and more adaptable 'Winamp' without the whole getting bought up and cancelling features part.