Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: anything like adobe lightroom?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    121
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    anything like adobe lightroom?

    i saw on wine that lightroom wont work. is there any programs like it? i used rawtherapee but that didnt work.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." -Einstein

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Beans
    133
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

    Hopefully, one day Bluemarine will be available. Until then, the nearest thing to it is probably Bibble. Version 5 has just been released and is a great deal better than version 4.
    Garry Knight
    garryknight@gmx.net
    Kubuntu 9.10 on Dell Optiplex 330

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    121
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

    Quote Originally Posted by garryknight View Post
    Hopefully, one day Bluemarine will be available. Until then, the nearest thing to it is probably Bibble. Version 5 has just been released and is a great deal better than version 4.
    cool!
    but whats wrong with bluemarine? it looks like the deb file is available for download
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." -Einstein

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    BSAA Headquarters
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

    Quote Originally Posted by phillychease View Post
    cool!
    but whats wrong with bluemarine? it looks like the deb file is available for download
    its still beta.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

    Quote Originally Posted by phillychease View Post
    cool!
    but whats wrong with bluemarine? it looks like the deb file is available for download
    Last time I checked, it didn't work, although the interface is really nice and the features are great..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest USA
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

    Quote Originally Posted by phillychease View Post
    i saw on wine that lightroom wont work. is there any programs like it? i used rawtherapee but that didnt work.
    What exactly are you looking for?

    Raw Therapee has worked perfectly for me in the past, but I own Adobe Lightroom 2 now and use it on XP. The only true alternative to Adobe Lightroom 2 is Apple's Aperture 2 but that is only available on Apple OS's.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    121
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

    Quote Originally Posted by 今幸福 View Post
    What exactly are you looking for?

    Raw Therapee has worked perfectly for me in the past, but I own Adobe Lightroom 2 now and use it on XP. The only true alternative to Adobe Lightroom 2 is Apple's Aperture 2 but that is only available on Apple OS's.
    hmm. when i used rawtherapee, it wouldnt open. maybe i should try again...i reinstalled ubuntu again.
    wat do i do with the .tgz file?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." -Einstein

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Middle of nowhere, Ohio
    Beans
    154

    Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

    I've only used the demo, and you really have to use something like this for a while in order to give a good review, but LightZone seems to be very nice.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Beans
    32
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

    There are a few digiKam, Shotwell, Fotoxx. With the exception of digiKam, a lot of these are very new releases.
    Kubuntu user # 29948

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MA - USA
    Beans
    0

    Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

    Quote Originally Posted by bashveank View Post
    I've only used the demo, and you really have to use something like this for a while in order to give a good review, but LightZone seems to be very nice.
    Lightzone is really nice. Very professional program. I played around with the old (free for Linux) version and liked that a lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •