Thread: Sony Reader

Broxburn, Scotland
    Ubuntu Development Release

Lightbulb Sony Reader

I just crashed by sony reader trying to view the full circle pdf.

Would it be possible for me to help this project, by producing a version of the full circle
    magazine in a single column epub format suitable for viewing offline using various ebook

The multi column format works well on a computer screen, and in printed form, but
    when its viewed on my reader, it is either too small to read, or when I zoom in, it takes
    5 minutes to load each page.

I tried converting the document to e-pub format using calibre, but found that the
    columns got intermixed - so I got the first line of each column, then the second line
    of each column, etc, so in order to read the document, I had to read every 4th line.

I believe I could get the magazine into a more e-book friendly format fairly easily. I
    would need the raw text and the images, but thats about all.

I assume this is compiled anyway as part of the process of loading it into scribus.

What do you think? Or does someone know of a program that can do this

Glasgow, Scotland
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Sony Reader

Please do feel free to convert it to ebook reader format, as I'm sure many people would like to read FCM on the go. The Scribus files that you may need are at:

But please only start the project if you really can do it each month, as I'd hate for people to like it, enjoy it, then you couldn't continue after two issues.

All the best!
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227