Here's the thing: I'm pretty much a total newbie at CVS stuff, so I'm just wondering whether anybody's had any success installing recent versions of PSPP stats software from CVS...when I tried, at the first step the instructions prescribe after downloading it ("make -f Smake"), make runs fine for a little while and then spits out the following:
I'd like to at least try to install it rather than giving up, because it seems to be more fully-featured than the one in the repositories...however, I do not have the sheer know-how to accomplish this. So any suggestions regarding either how to make it actually install or suggestions regarding other statistical software that can read SPSS files would be much appreciated.
Don't forget to
- add "gl/Makefile" to AC_CONFIG_FILES in ./configure.ac,
- mention "gl" in SUBDIRS in Makefile.am,
- mention "-I gl/m4" in ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am,
- invoke gl_EARLY in ./configure.ac, right after AC_PROG_CC,
- invoke gl_INIT in ./configure.ac.
aclocal: configure.ac: 12: macro `AM_PROG_CC_C_O' not found in library
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
make: *** [all] Error 1