Thread: Please disable all active accounts associated with this IP and/or computer.

Beans
    Hidden!

Wink Please disable all active accounts associated with this IP and/or computer.

Ok, straight to the point - my cousin have a discussion about multiple active accounts made from this IP and/or computer. As this is my connection ( read further ) and I pay for it, I feel I should have some rights to ask for this.
    All I want is to have 0 active accounts ( I don't want mods to PM me again regarding multiple accounts and things like that ) so I could create 1 account for all of us ( family ).

As far as I know, accounts are:

1. endBc ( me )
    2. Sinc ( cousin )

If there are any other active accounts, please disable them and reply in this thread ( as I'll most likely browse this forum as a guest until this will be sorted out ) so that I would be aware of what was the result of this case.

Regards,
    endBc.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Please disable all active accounts associated with this IP and/or computer.

Sad to see no Edit option ..

** Discussion with overdrank, if that helps you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

First, Thank you for your explanation. Looking at the accounts I can see why you received a message.

As far as I am concerned you (and your family) may keep both accounts so long as they are not used in an abusive fashion.

The point of the PM you recieved is not to harass you or your family, but, please understand, it helps us to track these things (shocking as it may seem, some people abuse the privilege).

Same reasoning with disabling Editing of posts here in the resolution center.

Enjoy the forums =)
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Hidden!

I understand that it wasn't meant to be as an insult but the thing is that I didn't got a reply to my question about how many active accounts really are there. All I wanted to know is how many of them have been made and how many are still active.
    If these 2 accounts ( first post ) are the only ones, please confirm it and this thread / problem will be solved

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by endBc View Post
    I understand that it wasn't meant to be as an insult but the thing is that I didn't got a reply to my question about how many active accounts really are there. All I wanted to know is how many of them have been made and how many are still active.
    If these 2 accounts ( first post ) are the only ones, please confirm it and this thread / problem will be solved
    I am sorry, we will not discuss the accounts of others with you.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    Then how comes that overdrunk offered me to leave only 1 active account ? That means he had the idea of locking all of them except the one I'll choose, am I right ?
    Multiple accounts are against the Code of Conduct, so how it is so that you say it's against it and in the same time, tell me you can't touch any of them by my request ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    Did I asked you or anybody else to reveal any user names or something like that ?
    All I want to know is whether these 2 accounts are the only active accounts made from this IP and/or computer. Am I asking too much ?

What if we would decide to close these accounts ? How would I knew whether I am allowed to create a new account or not ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by endBc View Post
    All I want to know is whether these 2 accounts are the only active accounts made from this IP and/or computer. Am I asking too much ?
    Yes, you are asking too much.

What if we would decide to close these accounts ?
    The staff will decide the fate of other accounts without you, you are not included in the "we" who decide such things.

You may discuss your account(s) all you wish, just not the accounts of others.

How would I knew whether I am allowed to create a new account or not ?
    You are not allowed to create new accounts without closing an existing account. If you wish to do this, please post from the account you wish closed and give us the desired name of the new account so as know what it is you are doing.