Thread: ARM and Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

ARM and Linux

Hey everyone!

I am an embedded electrical engineer and have always been looking for Linux solutions to any kind of development need or problem.

I just saw this article and wanted to share: ARM has just joined the Linux Foundation! This is huge for the embedded world!

Is there anyone that develops with ARM and runs Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: ARM and Linux

maemo.org is supported by Nokia and it's a Debian derivative that runs on Nokia's n800 and n810.

It uses the scratchbox development environment that runs nicely on Ubuntu where you can test applications. If they work, then you can cross-compile to ARM and run them on the n800/810.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

The Touch Book is a pretty cool ARM development running Linux, (not Ubuntu but rather a version that they've developed internally running XFCE, freely available).

www.alwaysinnovating.com is the producer of the Touch Book. I'm considering buying one.
    Last edited by Firestem4; September 16th, 2009 at 08:07 PM.
    Happy geeks are effective geeks!
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 (3.0ghz), Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, 3GB Crucial DDR3-1066Mhz RAM, XFX ATI RadeonHD 5750 1GB GDDR5

Beans

Moblin and LXDE would probably become embedded Linux platforms at some point - lightweight systems designed to run efficiently on low power architecture.