Thread: Server Edition, ssh -X Problem receiving GUI

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Server Edition, ssh -X Problem receiving GUI

Host Ubuntu 9.04 Server Editiion, Client Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty

Code:
    :~/Documents$ gedit 000-default~ 
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge": libatk-bridge.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    As a test I just opened the backup of the 000-default file and then posted the pre-error I get before the gedit opens on the ssh client, it works! I have xauth installed on the server.
    I know to get Flash working on a 64bit version I had to put a .so file into a Firefox directory but that's where my knowledge of .so files ends unfortuately. There's no libatk entry in synaptic. There are a good few pages when I google libatk-bridge but maybe someone could point me in the right direction. Even just outline the problem would be great.

I should add I did have Gnome on the server at one stage but I took it off again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Server Edition, ssh -X Problem receiving GUI

sounds like the packages ia32-libs, at-spi, & libatspi-dbg have a file named that. If the server is 64 bit I'm betting that the ia32-libs is the one you need.
    I don't want to Live in a Life without Walls-too many viruses get in...
    Ubuntu user 23101 Linux user 472132
    Two ways to live: the choice we all face

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It was actually the other way round. My server is 32bit and my Client machine is 64bit. The Client had the files you mentioned installed but the Server did not. I installed them and the error is gone. The gedit page doesn't close straight away now and the Client asks if I want to force the close but before I can respond the page closes. I guess this is normal because of the communication between Server and Client before the page closes, now that it's working correctly.
    Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Do you mind looking at this thread of mine? It sounds like you might know how to do what I'm trying to do.
    I don't want to Live in a Life without Walls-too many viruses get in...
    Ubuntu user 23101 Linux user 472132
    Two ways to live: the choice we all face