Thread: Linux Karaoke Programs!

Beans

Linux Karaoke Programs!

I know that some free karaoke programs exist on windows. I assume they sync up mp3s files w/ a text files in some way.

I found some info about a linux program called PyKaraoke.

Has anyone ever used it? Or any other ones? Please send recommendations!

qamelian is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Linux Karaoke Programs!

I've used Pykaraoke on both Linux and Windows. It's a great little program that supports a variety of karaoke formats, including .KAR (midi files with text embedded in one track) and MP3+G (an MP3 file accompanied by a CDG file containing the text, graphics and display timing info). I believe it's actually in the repos.

Beans

PyKaraoke is suitable for home use. It is NOT suitable for professional KJ work. Unfortunately, there really is no software written for Linux that will help you professionally manage and present you digital karaoke collection.
    "When you dual-boot Windows, Windows exists along side of Linux. When you use VirtualBox, Windows exists at the pleasure of Linux." -- ThomasAaron @ System76

qamelian is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by HotShotDJ View Post
    PyKaraoke is suitable for home use. It is NOT suitable for professional KJ work. Unfortunately, there really is no software written for Linux that will help you professionally manage and present you digital karaoke collection.
    Well, that's disppointing...because that's exactly what I've been using it for for almost two years. Guess I've been doing it wrong. </sarcasm>