Welcome All ,
I made for you an easy front-end for alien called Package Converter .
With this application you will be able to convert between [ deb , rpm ,tgz , lsb, slp, pkg] , with all alien options supported .Alien is a program that converts between Red Hat rpm, Debian deb, Stampede slp, Slackware tgz, and Solaris pkg file formats. If you want to use a package from another linux distribution than the one you have installed on your system, you can use alien to convert it to your preferred package format and install it. It also supports LSB packages.
Wiki Page : http://code.google.com/p/foxoman/wiki/PackageConverter
Standard feature :
- convert between deb , rpm ,tgz , lsb, slp, pkg
- support alien options
- easy GUI
New in Release 18.104.22.168 :
- New GUI .
- More Option support ( Now it support all alien options ) .
- tips and captions to help you to understand the options .
Screen-shot :Download : RPM | DEB
How To use : start up the applicationSimply select your package file you want to convert , and select the folder you want to save the result file to. Then , select package type you want to convert to .Code:Applications --- System Tools ---- Package Converter
Thanks to gotbletu
If you want to use the options , hover the mouse over each option and a yellow pop-up will show up to explain it's uses .
- File path and folder path should not contain any spaces otherwise the conversion will fail .
Example : /home/romance/untitled folder/opera.deb
I don't really sure if this is an alien fault or my GUI .!!
- Package Converter 22.214.171.124 message window won't scroll issue-2
You can copy the output MSG by clicking inside the output window then click
CTRL + A + CWait a few seconds before clicking on C
- If want to use description option use double quote IE : "Package converter is blah blah ..." otherwise the conversion will fail .