Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Farwell, Mi
    Beans
    66
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    if your like me youd like to have your cake and eat it to .. meaning 1 comand then burn. this may allready be in my repositorys as a deb (link in my signature). so here goes

    Code:
    sudo aptitude install ffmpeg mencoder lame dvdauthor lame-extras libtwolame0 genisoimage
    sudo gedit /usr/bin/avi2dvd

    paist this into the file and save

    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    
    output=$1
    ####################
    # avi     Function #
    ####################
    
    function avi {
        mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=xvcd -vf scale=352:196,expand=352:240,harddup -srate 44100 -af lavcresample=44100 -lavcopts     vcodec=mpeg1video:keyint=18:vrc_buf_size=327:vrc_minrate=1152:vbitrate=1152:vrc_maxrate=1152:acodec=mp2:abitrate=224 -ofps 30000/1001 -o output.mpg "$output"
    }
    
    ####################
    # rmavi Function #
    ####################
    
    function rmavi {
        rm *.avi
    }
    
    ####################
    # vcd     Function #
    ####################
    
    function vcd {
        ffmpeg -i output.mpg -target ntsc-dvd -aspect 4:3 output2.mpg
    }
    
    ####################
    # rm1mpg Function #
    ####################
    
    function rm1mpg {
        rm output.mpg
    }
    
    ####################
    # convert Function #
    ####################
    
    function convert {
        dvdauthor -o dvd -t output2.mpg
    }
    
    ####################
    # rmpg     Function #
    ####################
    
    function rmpg {
        rm output2.mpg
    }
    
    ###################
    # Rename Function #
    ###################
    
    function finalize {
    
    dvdauthor -o dvd -T
    
    }
    
    #####################
    # ISO Function      #
    #####################
    
    function image {
    
    mkisofs -dvd-video -o dvd.iso dvd/
    
    }
    
    #####################
    # rm2 Function      #
    #####################
    
    function rm2 {
    
    rm -rf dvd/
    
    }
    
    
    ###############
    # Script      #
    ###############
    
    avi ;
    rmavi ;
    vcd ;
    rm1mpg ;
    convert ;
    rmpg ;
    finalize ;
    image ;
    rm2 ;
    
    
    exit
    sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/avi2dvd

    play your avi file into a directory of your choice and cd into it

    cd /home/someuser/avidirectory

    run this comand

    avi2dvd *

    it takes about an hour but the end result is an iso to burn using your favorate cd burning software k3b, nero etc
    Ubuntu-4-Life


    Affordable Webhosting

    www.Global-Web.us


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    47.45°N 123.1°W Elev. 0
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    rfrayer, you're a living god. Thank you.
    Dell Optiplex GX745
    Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 2.13 Ghz
    2GB RAM
    Linux User 498777 - Ubuntu User 29378

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Beans
    1,428
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    I just installed devede. Haven't used it yet (need to buy some blank disks) but it's supposed to do what your script does in a GUI.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    47.45°N 123.1°W Elev. 0
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    Quote Originally Posted by rfrayer View Post
    if your like me youd like to have your cake and eat it to .. meaning 1 comand then burn. this may allready be in my repositorys as a deb (link in my signature). so here goes

    Code:
    sudo aptitude install ffmpeg mencoder lame dvdauthor lame-extras libtwolame0 genisoimage
    sudo gedit /usr/bin/avi2dvd

    paist this into the file and save

    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    
    output=$1
    ####################
    # avi     Function #
    ####################
    
    function avi {
        mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=xvcd -vf scale=352:196,expand=352:240,harddup -srate 44100 -af lavcresample=44100 -lavcopts     vcodec=mpeg1video:keyint=18:vrc_buf_size=327:vrc_minrate=1152:vbitrate=1152:vrc_maxrate=1152:acodec=mp2:abitrate=224 -ofps 30000/1001 -o output.mpg "$output"
    }
    
    ####################
    # rmavi Function #
    ####################
    
    function rmavi {
        rm *.avi
    }
    
    ####################
    # vcd     Function #
    ####################
    
    function vcd {
        ffmpeg -i output.mpg -target ntsc-dvd -aspect 4:3 output2.mpg
    }
    
    ####################
    # rm1mpg Function #
    ####################
    
    function rm1mpg {
        rm output.mpg
    }
    
    ####################
    # convert Function #
    ####################
    
    function convert {
        dvdauthor -o dvd -t output2.mpg
    }
    
    ####################
    # rmpg     Function #
    ####################
    
    function rmpg {
        rm output2.mpg
    }
    
    ###################
    # Rename Function #
    ###################
    
    function finalize {
    
    dvdauthor -o dvd -T
    
    }
    
    #####################
    # ISO Function      #
    #####################
    
    function image {
    
    mkisofs -dvd-video -o dvd.iso dvd/
    
    }
    
    #####################
    # rm2 Function      #
    #####################
    
    function rm2 {
    
    rm -rf dvd/
    
    }
    
    
    ###############
    # Script      #
    ###############
    
    avi ;
    rmavi ;
    vcd ;
    rm1mpg ;
    convert ;
    rmpg ;
    finalize ;
    image ;
    rm2 ;
    
    
    exit
    sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/avi2dvd

    play your avi file into a directory of your choice and cd into it

    cd /home/someuser/avidirectory

    run this comand

    avi2dvd *

    it takes about an hour but the end result is an iso to burn using your favorate cd burning software k3b, nero etc
    Hello,

    I used this great bit of code once before with great success--thanks again. I'm getting stuck now on one step--"play your avi file into a directory of your choice"--I don't remember how I did this now. Can you help?

    Thanks in advance.

    mike
    Dell Optiplex GX745
    Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 2.13 Ghz
    2GB RAM
    Linux User 498777 - Ubuntu User 29378

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    17

    Re: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    place your avi file into a directory of your choice...then cd to that directory

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    47.45°N 123.1°W Elev. 0
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    Quote Originally Posted by kennyrogersjr View Post
    place your avi file into a directory of your choice...then cd to that directory
    Silly me, I shoulda figured that out--thanks again, krjr.

    mike
    Dell Optiplex GX745
    Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 2.13 Ghz
    2GB RAM
    Linux User 498777 - Ubuntu User 29378

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Beans
    1,023
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Arrow Re: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    DeVeDe...is better option

    anyway thankx..................
    --- I am what I am because of what we all are ----

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Beans
    1,023
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Arrow Re: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    Quote Originally Posted by cindylili View Post
    I often burn the videos such as avi,mpeg,wmv,rmvb etc. to dvd via Wondershare Video to DVD Burner, which is an easy to use dvd creator tool.
    itz a windows app not linux
    --- I am what I am because of what we all are ----

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    19

    Exclamation Re: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    Quote Originally Posted by rfrayer View Post
    Code:
    function rmavi {
        rm *.avi
    }
    This is dangerous... If the script is run from a main download folder, it will delete all avi files. I lost the 5 movies that were on my desktop. Please either chnage it to $1 or remove it completely. Nothing tells you that the user wants to delete the file after the transcoding...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Beans
    1,023
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Convert AVI to DVD ISO

    Quote Originally Posted by boutch55555 View Post
    This is dangerous... If the script is run from a main download folder, it will delete all avi files. I lost the 5 movies that were on my desktop. Please either chnage it to $1 or remove it completely. Nothing tells you that the user wants to delete the file after the transcoding...
    yeh..rm means remove....

    and *.avi means all files contain .avi extension....
    --- I am what I am because of what we all are ----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •