Thread: Tomboy sync as next step?

Beans

Tomboy sync as next step?

I read about the recent developments in Tomboy websyncing and Ubuntu One directly popped into my head. Anyone else think it might be a reasonable next step for Ubuntu One to provide note syncing?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Tomboy sync as next step?

well considering that ubuntu one isn't only a syncing service but a whole web API for building service i see no reason why somebody couldn't create a web app that sync your tomboy notes and displays them in a nice web page with editing options.
    WARNING: "sudo rm -rf /" = BAD Read this for more information.
    Q6600-Abit IP35-2 GB RAM-250GTS 1GB

*Docky FTW!*

Beans
    Distro

I've recently started using Tomboy. I'm extremely fond of it, and having my desktop notes synced with my laptop would be tremendous for those little notes I write when I'm out and about during the day.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

There is currently work being done for a web front end that you would be able to sync your Tomboy notes to. This is already starting to be implemented in the latest development version of Tomboy. There's lots more info here about this. http://automorphic.blogspot.com/2009...ew-online.html

I guess for now as somewhat of a make-shift solution you could use the folder sync plugin and have it sync to a directory within your Ubuntu One directory. It's not exactly the most elegant solution as you still have to click the sync button in Tomboy, but it's something
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 2 X 1TB, 1 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Ubuntu One has lots of syncing potential for various programs and preferences. I hope they take advantage of this.

Beans
    Distro

Along with Firefox profiles, Tomboy notes sync is really something I'd love to do through Ubuntu One. I just can't wait to get a test account!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

We are absolutely intereted in syncing Tomboy notes, a few of us on the Ubuntu One team are huge Tomboy fans and it would be really useful to have your notes on all your machines.

We are actually spending time helping add to Snowy via Stuart Langridge's expertise in Oauth (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/snowy.../msg00008.html) and plan to work with them quite a bit more to make both Tomboy and Ubuntu One more awesome, but we are still working out the details.

How would everyone like this to work? In my mind I only see syncing all notes to all your machines, but perhaps there are more interesting things we cond do?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

That's one of the reasons I don't use Tomboy, I use four different computer and if I could have the notes all in one place and have them updated regularly, I would use it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

You could sync it to Dropbox, although the daemon is proprietary, so that might be out of the question for some.
    Join the (unofficial) apturl evangelism campaign! If you're giving advice to newbies, don't tell them to "sudo apt-get install something." Instead, tell them to apt:install-something.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No it wouldn't be - not everyone is satisfied with Tomboy.