Thread: Interested but unsure

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Interested but unsure

I applaud the effort of Ubuntu One. Been a Drop.IO user for a while, so this may be something worthwhile. I read that a windows client is available as well, where can I find it? I have both windows and Ubuntu machines. Also it seems that I need one invite for every machine I want to hook up? How do I for instance share files with a friend with a Windows machine on Planet Pork? (Windows being the bigger problem than interstellar communication....)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Interested but unsure

Don't know about the windows bit, but you only need one invite to create an account, and then you can add machines to that account. I also dont think the idea is to share files with a friend (planet pork or not), unless it was a shared account.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Interested but unsure

There are several questions, so one at a time

Quote Originally Posted by GrootBrak View Post
    I applaud the effort of Ubuntu One. Been a Drop.IO user for a while, so this may be something worthwhile. I read that a windows client is available as well, where can I find it?
    There is no windows client so far that I know

I have both windows and Ubuntu machines. Also it seems that I need one invite for every machine I want to hook up?
    No, just one invitation to get your account enabled, and then you can add more machines when you connect from them to ubuntuone.com

How do I for instance share files with a friend with a Windows machine on Planet Pork? (Windows being the bigger problem than interstellar communication....)
    your friend would need an account also on UbuntuOne, and then he/she can just access the files from Windows from the web interface at http://www.ubuntuone.com