Thread: How do I configure emerald?

Beans

Red face How do I configure emerald?

Hi, I'm fairly new to Ubuntu, and so far, all I've been doing is copying and pasting commands that I see on web pages on how to install certain things. Now, I have installed Emerald and Compiz-Fusion, yet, I'm still unclear on how to set an Emerald theme. There is an included one in the little box that I am trying to set, and I have read that entering "emerald --replace" lets you set the theme. That's where I stumbled into a problem. On the terminal, it keeps saying "Reloading..." and the process does not finish, and when I terminate it, it leaves me with nothing on top of my windows, thus I can't move anything and the whole thing is messed up until I either- reboot and it goes back to the "human" theme, or just keep the terminal open. If you could help me by telling me how I can fix this "Reloading..." problem, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by encore0518; June 8th, 2009 at 03:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How do I configure emerald?

Quote Originally Posted by encore0518 View Post
    Hi, I'm fairly new to Ubuntu, and so far, all I've been doing is copying and pasting commands that see on web pages on how to install certain things. Now, I have installed Emerald and Compiz-Fusion, yet, I'm still unclear on how to set an Emerald theme. There is an included one in the little box that I am trying to set, and I have read that entering "emerald --replace" lets you set the theme. That's where I stumbled into a problem. On the terminal, it keeps saying "Reloading..." and the process does not finish, and when I terminate it, it leaves me with nothing on top of my windows, thus I can't move anything and the whole thing is messed up until I either- reboot and it goes back to the "human" theme, or just keep the terminal open. If you could help me by telling me how I can fix this "Reloading..." problem, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Hi and welcome, using the alt, F2 keys and enter the emerald command. You may also take a look at the FAQ's link in my signature.

Beans

Talking Re: How do I configure emerald?

Thank you very much, it worked like a charm.

Beans

Re: How do I configure emerald?

There are many other resources on web available like this one: http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexu..._on_eeexubunto

ubuntu
    Last edited by Villiam; July 28th, 2009 at 07:24 PM.