Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    24

    Exclamation Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    Each time I connect to a site with flash apps that want to access the allow/deny dialog flash freezes.
    The actions still take place but flash becomes unclickable

    Intrepid 32 bit
    Lastest flash from repos

    Any1 else has had this problem??
    Any fixes??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Beans
    148

    Re: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_Xtreme View Post
    Each time I connect to a site with flash apps that want to access the allow/deny dialog flash freezes.
    The actions still take place but flash becomes unclickable

    Intrepid 32 bit
    Lastest flash from repos

    Any1 else has had this problem??
    Any fixes??
    Bump.

    Same thing happens to me, same specs.

    To test, Go to live.yahoo.com
    Right click the video playing choose settings then see if you can click the pop up and change settings?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    24

    Lightbulb Re: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    not a fix more of a work around and i bet this is more comlplicated than needs be.
    I install youplayer for firefox which then asked to adjust so flash settings through the adobe website.
    i just set everything to disabled site i wasnt using mic/camera features anyway.
    now the app loads ok.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ, USA, Earth
    Beans
    92
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    I used jason_Xtreme's suggestion and was able to work around the problem.

    To clarify:
    I went to http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager02.html to use Adobe's global settings manager. On the flash dialog, I clicked on the Website Privacy Settings tab (the one that looks like a monitor with an eye on it), then clicked on the website that I wanted to allow usage of my hardware (in my case, www.woome.com) and clicked always allow.

    I agree that this is unnecessarily complicated. I hope this is fixed with future updates.
    Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64
    on a HP Pavilion m7350n
    Ubuntu 10.10 AMD64
    on a MSI 1451 ID1 Whitebook

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Beans
    1

    Re: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    Right-clicking on the flash movie also gives me a disabled "Settings..." option.

    I've discovered that this is caused when the flash movie is set to be shown in windowless mode (wmode=opaque or wmode=transparent) in flash player 10.

    For example, youtube and vimeo videos have wmode=window and doesn't have this problem, but Metacafe uses wmode=transparent and settings option is not clickable.

    I've already reported this bug to Adobe.

    (tested in hardy - FF 3.0.4 and Opera 9.62, flash player 10, both adobe-flashplugin and official tar.gz from Adobe)


    Quote Originally Posted by ratmandall View Post
    Bump.

    Same thing happens to me, same specs.

    To test, Go to live.yahoo.com
    Right click the video playing choose settings then see if you can click the pop up and change settings?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Beans
    26

    Re: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    yeah, i only run into to the dialog on sites like saphrachat.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Beans
    1

    Re: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    When I go into the settings I can't change anything. I can't change any tabs nor can I confirm or cancel any changes (like with how much data flash can store)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bangalore,Karnataka,India
    Beans
    93
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    I have this problem only on megavideo.com and supernovatube. The settings dialog is enabled in youtube though....I can't figure out why... it's the same adobe flash player 10 running in all these sites...!!!
    Last edited by itisbasi; March 1st, 2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    3,170
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Re: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    same issue here

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Beans
    8
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: Flash player settings dialog unclickable

    Quote Originally Posted by olegueret View Post
    Right-clicking on the flash movie also gives me a disabled "Settings..." option.

    I've discovered that this is caused when the flash movie is set to be shown in windowless mode (wmode=opaque or wmode=transparent) in flash player 10.

    For example, youtube and vimeo videos have wmode=window and doesn't have this problem, but Metacafe uses wmode=transparent and settings option is not clickable.

    I've already reported this bug to Adobe.

    (tested in hardy - FF 3.0.4 and Opera 9.62, flash player 10, both adobe-flashplugin and official tar.gz from Adobe)
    Same problem for me.

    Adobe doesn't seem to be very reactive on this. Their answer is completely useless ( see here ) ! Why is Linux the only affected OS ??
    Last edited by pierre.fr34; March 8th, 2009 at 09:03 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •