Page 464 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564964 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 10053

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

Beans

Re: You know you're a geek when........

Quote Originally Posted by GepettoBR View Post
    He knows how to set up and manage the school's internal network, print server, etc, but he doesn't really know how the internet works. Before I resorted to SSH, proxies and whatnot, I could just search for "jeux" "juegos", "spiele", etc and play abunch of in-browser flash games because he had only wordfiltered "games" and "jogos". Me, my friends and Google Language Tools are to blame for the school network to have rules blocking the word "game" and its variants in over 12 languages
    12 languages? The internet works in a lot more languages than that, maybe you should consider using a better translator to get a few more on that ban list
    Licat volaré si superturgum Aquila volat

Beans

does 1337 sp3ak count as a language?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: You Know

Quote Originally Posted by poetstorm View Post
    Wow, I'm half jealous. XD My husband has a TS80 for his first PC. Hope you're having a blast with that. Vintage computing is so much fun!
    I am! I had to leave it behind for a couple days, but I'm getting back to it tomorrow night. I really want to bring it into class so my teachers look at me funny. I think I will.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM_the_Ghost
    For me it happens with family, friends and their friends...
    Just as long as they pay for headache they cause!
    I'm not charging for it... I enjoy tinkering with new computers. I know I'm letting them take advantage of me, but I like doing it so much, I feel guilty for charging it sometimes. Besides, she's my aunt. Friends get charged. And tech support beyond the fun tweaking is charged. I'm not entirely stupid
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent08 View Post
    Well, Wikipedia tells me that it runs a Zilog Z80 processor (at a whopping 1.78 Mhz). And a bit of Googling pointed me to SDCC -- a Small Device C Compiler, which lists the Z80 as one of its supported targets. I figure you could use it to cross compile a small Linux system. Have you ever done LFS? I don't have any further details on how one would go about doing this, but I'm sure someone else here would be happy to help. I'm guessing you would have to make modifications to some of the kernel's code, though, since the Z80 isn't an x86 based CPU.
    Hmm... I wonder if that would work with a TI-84+ SE graphing calculator? Linux kernel, bash, the standard /bin files... It would be fun to try!
    Registered Linux user #481459

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent08 View Post
    You know you're a geek (or at least a grammar nazi) when improper usage of "your" and "you're" makes you twitch.
    agree, it is indeed annoying.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Here's one. You know you're a geek when you really think you should count by starting at '0'

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by poetstorm View Post
    Here's one. You know you're a geek when you really think you should count by starting at '0'
    I thought everyone counts from 0.
    Licat volaré si superturgum Aquila volat

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by scragar View Post
    LOL only the non conforming geeks. Non-geeks spaz out when you start counting from zero. XD

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by scragar View Post
    there are 10 types of people in the world:
    those who count from 0 and and those who don't...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopachris View Post
    Hmm... I wonder if that would work with a TI-84+ SE graphing calculator? Linux kernel, bash, the standard /bin files... It would be fun to try!
    It wouldn't. It doesn't support the Linux Kernel in any shape or form.

Page 464 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564964 ... LastLast