Thread: Firefox3+AdobeFlash10 (intrepid/hardy)work,expect this important case..What's wrong?

Beans

Firefox3+AdobeFlash10 (intrepid/hardy)work,expect this important case..What's wrong?

Although flash+firefox now on intrepid seems to work ok on most cases , without the usual crashes and stuff, I have a problem, very important for me...
    I am using this video on demand thing, that allows you to view any show from this specific channel at anytime, that has some stuff really important to me because I have exams and more or less they cover almost everything I need to study about...
    Well, for quite some time I was able to watch stuff there without a problem, but lately (a week or something) it just doesn't work. It's not a problem of the site and it works on other people running windows.
    Here is one of the videos I am talking about , as sample :
    http://www.skai.gr/master_avod.php?id=96983&lsc=1
    The language is greek but that doesn't matter because code is code and it doesn't vary between human languages. When I go there (or any other vid there) the black box appears saying with red letters on the top of it "Connecting...Please Wait..." After that it used to load the player and then the video, but now it doesn't go to the player it stays stuck at the "Connecting...Please Wait..." part...

idk what to do, nor what's wrong...
    Does the video work on your PC ?
    Any idea on what I can do/what is wrong ?
    Thanks a lot in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Firefox3+AdobeFlash10 (intrepid/hardy)work,expect this important case..What's wro

It works for me using firefox 3.0.3 and flash10 on hardy i386.

Beans

Re: Firefox3+AdobeFlash10 (intrepid/hardy)work,expect this important case..What's wro

Quote Originally Posted by markbuntu View Post
    It works for me using firefox 3.0.3 and flash10 on hardy i386.
    anyone else?

Oh intrepid it doesn't seem to work...
    I have reinstalled it twice and it never worked...On hardy I remember it being functional once...
    Any thoughts ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

It works here

INtrepid + flash 10 + firefox 3.1 ?

Try with disabling all addons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

it doesn't work here!
    i get a grey box or it just hangs

using amd64 with compiz enabled.
    Dear god, I would like to file a bug report.

increase Firefox startup speed and speed of Smart Location Bar:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1088094