Thread: evolution no longer fetches mail

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

evolution no longer fetches mail

Hi all,

Long time Ubuntu user that I am I never had a problem with Evolution Mail. Now, since I upgraded my system to Hardy I have had two problems. The first is the keyring issue that keeps asking for the password every time I have my system rebooted. Annoying but workable.

However, since a couple of days Evolution no longer fetches my email. It will start fetching all accounts but in the end just times-out.

Searching the forum did not bring me any answers.

Anyone heard of similar problems?

Anthonie

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Angry Re: evolution no longer fetches mail

I have the same problem. Just for no particular reason, Evolution won't download the mail from the server. And when I check my mail via webmail, there clearly IS new mail.

I haven't used Evolution for that long, before that, I was a staunch Thunderbird user... but recently thought I'd give Evolution a try.

A.S.

Beans

Re: evolution no longer fetches mail

Quote Originally Posted by antoonstessels View Post
    I have the same problem. Just for no particular reason, Evolution won't download the mail from the server. And when I check my mail via webmail, there clearly IS new mail.

I haven't used Evolution for that long, before that, I was a staunch Thunderbird user... but recently thought I'd give Evolution a try.

A.S.

I am having this EXACT same problem!!!
    EXACT!!! it worked well for several months. I think this happened after a dirty shut down (held in the power button). Anyway, anyone have any ideas?