Thread: wine & utorrent

Beans

wine & utorrent

Hey

i have read inhere utorrent will work with SSL if ubuntu 7.10 was installed (i did sudo apt-get install wine) and when i add a torrent from a tracker with https:// the torrent becomes red..?

what am i doing wrong?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: wine & utorrent

Quote Originally Posted by piratpalle View Post
    Hey

i have read inhere utorrent will work with SSL if ubuntu 7.10 was installed (i did sudo apt-get install wine) and when i add a torrent from a tracker with https:// the torrent becomes red..?

what am i doing wrong?
    Why not use transmission or one of the other native torrents?

Beans

Hey

im using ktorrent, but there is this hashcheck, and i can't disable it.

any ideas?

right now im running ktorrent 2.2.5 and would like something newer but yes, don't know how im pretty new in ubuntu...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by piratpalle View Post
    Hey

im using ktorrent, but there is this hashcheck, and i can't disable it.

any ideas?

right now im running ktorrent 2.2.5 and would like something newer but yes, don't know how im pretty new in ubuntu...
    I don't use Ktorrent. Why not try Limewire, it is a Windows program that has a Linux port.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ooobuntooo View Post
    I don't use Ktorrent. Why not try Limewire, it is a Windows program that has a Linux port.
    Using limewire is like asking someone to take your money.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm using utorrent with WINE on Hardy but have been using it since dapper I think or something like that, with a uptodate system and wine installation you should just install it as normal and it should run.

How ever connection wise if you have a router with dynamic port control it might take a few minutes sometimes before it opens the ports, don't really know why this is but that has happened to me.

Otherwise I haven't had any problems since the fixed the tray bug that made it hide sometimes ^^

Beans

Thanks for the reply, but now the server is somewhere out in the world and is logging on by NX server... so the port forwardning thing i dont know how to correct. but dont think thats the issue...