Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: wine & utorrent

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Beans
    15

    wine & utorrent

    Hey

    i have read inhere utorrent will work with SSL if ubuntu 7.10 was installed (i did sudo apt-get install wine) and when i add a torrent from a tracker with https:// the torrent becomes red..?

    what am i doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lyon/London
    Beans
    182
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: wine & utorrent

    Quote Originally Posted by piratpalle View Post
    Hey

    i have read inhere utorrent will work with SSL if ubuntu 7.10 was installed (i did sudo apt-get install wine) and when i add a torrent from a tracker with https:// the torrent becomes red..?

    what am i doing wrong?
    Why not use transmission or one of the other native torrents?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Beans
    15

    Re: wine & utorrent

    Hey

    im using ktorrent, but there is this hashcheck, and i can't disable it.

    any ideas?

    right now im running ktorrent 2.2.5 and would like something newer but yes, don't know how im pretty new in ubuntu...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lyon/London
    Beans
    182
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: wine & utorrent

    Quote Originally Posted by piratpalle View Post
    Hey

    im using ktorrent, but there is this hashcheck, and i can't disable it.

    any ideas?

    right now im running ktorrent 2.2.5 and would like something newer but yes, don't know how im pretty new in ubuntu...
    I don't use Ktorrent. Why not try Limewire, it is a Windows program that has a Linux port.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    90

    Re: wine & utorrent

    Quote Originally Posted by ooobuntooo View Post
    I don't use Ktorrent. Why not try Limewire, it is a Windows program that has a Linux port.
    Using limewire is like asking someone to take your money.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Beans
    1,039
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: wine & utorrent

    I'm using utorrent with WINE on Hardy but have been using it since dapper I think or something like that, with a uptodate system and wine installation you should just install it as normal and it should run.

    How ever connection wise if you have a router with dynamic port control it might take a few minutes sometimes before it opens the ports, don't really know why this is but that has happened to me.

    Otherwise I haven't had any problems since the fixed the tray bug that made it hide sometimes ^^

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Beans
    15

    Re: wine & utorrent

    Thanks for the reply, but now the server is somewhere out in the world and is logging on by NX server... so the port forwardning thing i dont know how to correct. but dont think thats the issue...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •