Thread: Installed Refit on MacBook Air but it does nothing?

Beans

Installed Refit on MacBook Air but it does nothing?

If I only have OSX on a MacBook Air and I installed Refit what should appear when I hold down the "Option" key on startup?

Beans

Re: Installed Refit on MacBook Air but it does nothing?

The whole idea of rEFIt is that you don't hold down the Alt-Option key, since rEFIt (when enabled) will present a boot menu when the computer is booted. If you only have OS X installed, it should give you a single Apple icon as boot choice, selecting it will boot Mac OS X as before; doing nothing will boot it by default after some time. Assuming that you installed rEFIt the default way, it is enabled by opening a terminal and giving the command
    Code:
    sudo /efi/refit/enable-always.sh

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by hajk View Post
    The whole idea of rEFIt is that you don't hold down the Alt-Option key, since rEFIt (when enabled) will present a boot menu when the computer is booted. If you only have OS X installed, it should give you a single Apple icon as boot choice, selecting it will boot Mac OS X as before; doing nothing will boot it by default after some time. Assuming that you installed rEFIt the default way, it is enabled by opening a terminal and giving the command
    Code:
    sudo /efi/refit/enable-always.sh
    well you aren't supposed to have to run the shell script, but if it is not working then you need to run it...

Beans

Whats the point of installing it with only one OS?

Beans

It would be a preparation for the subsequent installation of a "legacy" OS, like the Ubuntu flavour of GNU/Linux.

Beans

I have it with one OS now. I had windows and Ubuntu, but now windows won't boot, and I can't get rid of that without making the disk 1 partition, so bye Ubuntu again.

Beans

...or left over from an earlier multi-boot situation.

@OP Why don't you give a bit more info on your problem, instead of resigning yourself to "bye Ubuntu"? We may be able to help you fix it...