Thread: EasyBCD Grub problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

EasyBCD Grub problem

Hi All,
    I have loaded Ubuntu 8.04 onto my Vista machine, and got as far as using EasyBCD to change the bootloader back to Vista. The only problem I have is now when I boot, I go to the Grubloader option that is under Vista and XP, hit enter and then am confronted with a curser and an option to hit tab.

How do I enter info into the grubloader entry in EasyBCD/Add/remove Entries/NeoGrub/configure, and the doc menu.lst.

I followed instruction to save the menu.lst from Ubuntu and storing it on the Vista drive to access for cut and paste into the menu.lst in EasyBCD, but the text I am meant to cut and paste is not in the original Ubuntu menu.list.

Please someone tell me what to enter to get this to work.

Thanks,
    Simon.
    Kind regards,

Simon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: EasyBCD Grub problem

I solved it.

I removed the Grub loader from EasyBCD and added a Linux entry, called it Ubuntu, chose the appropriate partition and ticked the box Grub not in boot loader, and it now works.

The only thing that is untidy is when I choose Ubuntu from the boot menu and I then get the grub loader, it still has Vista as an option and of course I had that option on the previous page.

I will have to take that out in Ubuntu menu.lst I suspects?
    Kind regards,

Simon.