Thread: Flash won't load backgrounds?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Flash won't load backgrounds?

I'm trying to get flash to work properly on Ubuntu 8.04 with Opera 9.5 and/or Firefox 3. I have both it and libflash installed, but whenever I goto sites with lots of flash (toyota.com, specialized.com, etc), the background images don't load, or are overwritten by blank white screens. I see some overlying buttons depending on whats available, but the screen is always blank white. Before flash loads, I often see a flash of the image thats supposed to be their, but then it goes white with a couple random buttons... How do I fix this? Can I fix it?
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Education is what is left when you have forgotten all the facts. -Francis Bacon

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Flash won't load backgrounds?

That's a know bug with the Linux version of Flash plugin. It always draws Flash on top of everything else.

There's not much that can be done about it, we'll just have to wait that either Adobe fixes their plugin, or the open-source Flash plugin becomes good enough to be used instead..

Bubba64 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile Re: Flash won't load backgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by mcduck View Post
    That's a know bug with the Linux version of Flash plugin. It always draws Flash on top of everything else.

There's not much that can be done about it, we'll just have to wait that either Adobe fixes their plugin, or the open-source Flash plugin becomes good enough to be used instead..
    I keep hearing about these flash problems but have yet had any problem, and I am using Hardy and Gutsy, and also ran Dapper, and Feisty without a single problem. I do have older computers though so I suspect it is a driver issue.