Thread: VLC Subtitles don't work anymore

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Exclamation VLC Subtitles don't work anymore

I don't know what happened but the subtitles just don't work anymore. I'm sure it's not the movie because I tried with different videos and any of them work, I even tried with one I watched yesterday and was working and nothing now.

So, my VLC just woke up today being stubborn...lol? I already checked the preferences, they are all the same, I didn't install anything. No one else use this computer, so I really don't know what happened. Just for the record, the movies are .avi and the subtitles .srt

Any suggestion is really appreciated! Thank you! (~__~);;

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: VLC Subtitles don't work anymore

I had that problem to, so i decided to search a good player that admits subs, and i found one great player called "SMplayer", is lightweight, usefull, and really compatible with a lot of subs types and video playing.
    It may works for you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: VLC Subtitles don't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SEBASTIANFFX View Post
    I had that problem to, so i decided to search a good player that admits subs, and i found one great player called "SMplayer", is lightweight, usefull, and really compatible with a lot of subs types and video playing.
    It may works for you.
    Actually, I'm using it now since my VLC apparently just forgot how to load subtitles. I still wonder what happened...