Thread: default wireless network

Beans

default wireless network

I want to change the priority of wireless networks that my laptop connects to. In my room I get my personal wireless which is a strong connection and a very weak connection from an adjacent building. I found similar problem here:

In my case, however, I do not want to delete the other network since sometimes I am in that building and that is the access that I need. I have been deleting the adjacent building signal every time I come back home, but that gets tedious. Is there any way to simply change the priority of the connections?

Thanks,

LV

Beans

Re: default wireless network

This is a little non-intuitive but what you need to do is alter the time that you last connected to the network in nm-editor. Network-Manager works by a kind of last-in first-out (LIFO) method.
    On 8.04 you access nm-editor by right-clicking the icon and selecting Edit Wireless Networks.
    See this wiki page for more https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...NetworkManager
    UP Team member

Beans

Re: default wireless network

Awesome, thanks! The only thing that took me a while to figure out is that I needed to disable my wireless network before doing that (yeah, it seems obvious in retrospect).