Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Gnome Settings Daemon and gmusicbrowser

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newbury Park, CA
    Beans
    59

    Question Gnome Settings Daemon and gmusicbrowser

    I'm having trouble getting my multimedia keys working with gmusicbrowser. I have all the dependant perl packages installed, but when I go to enable the plugin it tells me:
    Code:
    no signal with name 'MediaPlayerKeyPressed' is exported in object '/org/gnome/SettingsDaemon'
    I tried restarting the the gnome settings daemon and get this:
    Code:
    joe@joe-desktop:~$ killall gnome-settings-daemon
    joe@joe-desktop:~$ gnome-settings-daemon
    ** (gnome-settings-daemon:8713): WARNING **: Failed to acquire org.gnome.SettingsDaemon
    
    ** (gnome-settings-daemon:8713): WARNING **: Could not acquire name
    Where do I go from here?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newbury Park, CA
    Beans
    59

    Re: Gnome Settings Daemon and gmusicbrowser

    *bump* Gmusicbrowser was working fine in gusty 32bit, but hasn't since the upgrade to 64bit

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newbury Park, CA
    Beans
    59

    Re: Gnome Settings Daemon and gmusicbrowser

    *bump*

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newbury Park, CA
    Beans
    59

    Re: Gnome Settings Daemon and gmusicbrowser

    I added the repository from gmusicbrowsers web sit and upgraded from version 0.963 to 0.964 and now everything works

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •