Thread: Be warned about update

Beans

Be warned about update

Hi all,

I've updated from the previous LTS release to the current one some times ago. That went quite smoothly (I had to uninstall manually some packages first), but I've just remarqued something which can be a side effect: Ubuntu doesn't warn me anymore about the available updates.

Running manually the update manager suggest me to activate that in "Software sources", but I don't have an entry for Software source anywhere I could think of, and for sure not at the obvious place of "System, Administration". I've also checked that I hadn't uninstalled a relevant package, but found none apparently relevant not installed (I've update-notifier installed).

If someone could tell me how to get back the notification, I'd be interested.

Yours,

--
    Jean-Marc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Be warned about update

Quote Originally Posted by jmarc View Post
    Hi all,

I've updated from the previous LTS release to the current one some times ago. That went quite smoothly (I had to uninstall manually some packages first), but I've just remarqued something which can be a side effect: Ubuntu doesn't warn me anymore about the available updates.

Running manually the update manager suggest me to activate that in "Software sources", but I don't have an entry for Software source anywhere I could think of, and for sure not at the obvious place of "System, Administration". I've also checked that I hadn't uninstalled a relevant package, but found none apparently relevant not installed (I've update-notifier installed).

If someone could tell me how to get back the notification, I'd be interested.

Yours,

--
    Jean-Marc
    Hi and you may check under edit menus to ensure software sources is checked.