Thread: Um.... what the hell?

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Um.... what the hell?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=804361

Just wondering if someone could have a look at this? Not a massive problem really, and if i'm honest I had/have no interest in that thread.

I just think these forums would lose their welcoming atmosphere, and in fact be seen as a bit hostile if that really started to become anything like standard practice.

Just thought i'd also say that I have absolutely no problem with the moderator in question or any of his previous decisions, and I am certainly not trying to make any trouble for him. This is just a "heads up" if you will.

Cheers
    If someone tells you to sudo rm -rf ANYTHING, then DO NOT DO IT!

Don't run any command with rm in it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Um.... what the hell?

This issue has been resolved.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Um.... what the hell?

Indeed it has

I have been made aware that said person was a spammer trying to disguise his activities with other threads like that one. As such, there is absolutely no problem. Said action would not have been taken against a normal user.

I apologise profusely for raising the issue, and to K.Mandla. He's a good mod who I have absolutely no problems with

Cheers
    If someone tells you to sudo rm -rf ANYTHING, then DO NOT DO IT!

Don't run any command with rm in it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.