Thread: ati radeon drivers

Beans

ati radeon drivers

I can't seem to get my ati drivers to work..I have a ati radeon hd 2400 pro. Tried to search the forums but could only find help on other ati models

Shardtard

Beans

Re: ati radeon drivers

If you are Hardy Heron, enable the hardy proposed repository and install Envy (gtk and common). The rest is obvious!

Cygoku

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You might not need to use Envy and from my own experience I would only try Envy as a last resort.

First of all, go to system-admin-hardware drivers (if it's not Hardy it might be system-admin-restricted drivers or something along those lines). If there's a driver and your card listed there, click to enable and restart. I have a (different) radeon card and that's all I needed to do with Hardy.

If it's not listed, follow these instructions here, use the second method - http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide

If you have problems editing xorg.conf near the end of the guide, try sudo nano instead of sudo gedit. For some reason, when I followed this guide it wouldn't let me launch gedit but I could do it in terminal with nano.

One thing that repeatedly loused up my attempts to install ati drivers in Ubuntu was having two monitors connected. For some reason, if I have a second monitor attached, it boots to a white screen when I reboot, or low graphics mode, and in the end I've just had to forget dual head for now. So if you keep having problems and there's a second monitor connected, disconnect it and try to reboot.

Good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Better a bad day in the hills than a good day in the office.
    timspencerweb.co.uk