Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: LAME destroys id3v2 tags

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Beans
    110

    LAME destroys id3v2 tags

    I wrote a python script to convert part of my entire music library from 256 kbps to 128 kbps, using lame. I didn't realize until it was done that this error was showing up on every lame operation:

    Code:
    ID3v2 found. Be aware that the ID3 tag is currently lost when transcoding.
    LAME 3.97 32bits (http://www.mp3dev.org/)
    I wouldn't be opposed to re-downsampling all of them, it only took 1.5 days (and I'm not in a hurry), but I'm not really sure if I should use a different program, or if there's a good option for lame. I looked at the man pages and found some id3 tag options, but none of them seem to read the original id3v2 tags it'll only write id3v2 tags if requested. I still get the same error.

    Any recommendations?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Coast, California
    Beans
    1,789

    Re: LAME destroys id3v2 tags

    There's built-in batch mp3 processing in audacity. File -> Apply Chain and select a folder. It will keep the tags, which makes it quite nifty. However, test first, because I've been having a problem with it making my tracks so they appear twice as long as they actually are in all my media players. I don't know if it's just a problem with me (I screw with things all the time), but it's always a good idea to test something out before running it on all your files.
    I do not use Ubuntu any more, nor have I ever used Gnome. Therefore, I tend to give advice that is distro- and DE-agnostic, which, while perhaps not the easiest way, will allow you to move freely between machines.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •