Thread: Volume buttons on Compaq laptop

Beans

Question Volume buttons on Compaq laptop

I have a Compaq V5207nr laptop running Hardy. The volume buttons seem to work as expected. If I hit the buttons, an OSD pops up with a volume meter that moves back and forth, and the volume control applet on the top panel corresponds with it. However when visiting websites that contain audio, volume control only works if I use the control on the flash applet within the website (does that make sense). Any have an idea?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Volume buttons on Compaq laptop

Thats interesting. I will check this out on my laptop (once i can get on wifi) and post back and see if mine does the same.
    Dialup or no internet on your Ubuntu box? Have no fear, Keryx is here! Keryx Project
    My blog

Beans

Well, I just realized it happens with Amarok and Banshee too. Volume buttons does nothing for them, but the OSD and volume-manager react...weird

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hmm, do you think you have a program running that is taking control of the keypresses for itself and not sharing them?
    Dialup or no internet on your Ubuntu box? Have no fear, Keryx is here! Keryx Project
    My blog

Beans

I don't know...but I've done a re install since I first posted. Not because of this problem...I got a bigger hard drive. The problem remains. I still haven't figured it out.