Thread: Shareing/streaming with Linux Ubuntu to a computer that runs Windows Xp! NEED HELP !!

Beans

Shareing/streaming with Linux Ubuntu to a computer that runs Windows Xp! NEED HELP !!

Hello I put op Ubuntu on my computer but in that computer i have all my movies and shows and more things and i have always in Windows Xp just shared my hard drive USB plugged and found it on Xp in My network and sutch,

But how do i do it here i have tried but it always comes that i'm not administor and i can't share it.

Can anyone please help i like Linux a lot but i have to be avaible to share and see the subject in Windows Xp.

Beans

Re: Shareing/streaming with Linux Ubuntu to a computer that runs Windows Xp! NEED HEL

The Error messadge 'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare add: cannot share path /media/I as we are restricted to only sharing directories we own.
    Ask the administrator to add the line "usershare owner only = False"
    to the [global] section of the smb.conf to allow this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Shareing/streaming with Linux Ubuntu to a computer that runs Windows Xp! NEED HEL

*edit* I just noticed your post right before mine. You can't share /media/. That would share every drive you have in your computer
    Last edited by alexforcefive; May 18th, 2008 at 02:09 PM.

Beans

But i'm okey with shareing my hole computer.

Can't i put a password so nobody except me and my family can go in this.

There has to be some way to do this