Toshiba Satellite 1135 battery not charging
I run Xubuntu Hardy on a Toshiba satellite 1135 with a brand new battery but it won't charge all the time. Here is the deal:
- I replaced the DC jack a whle ago and now it's sometimes losing connectivity again
- the battery charges fully but when the dc jack loses connectivity for a brief second, the laptop will then run off the battery. This is weird because the hardware light and the power manager icon show the laptop as plugged in but it still runs off of the battery.
- if I unplug the power, the icon changes to the battery indicator only and it shows it's still running off the battery
- when I shutdown, the battery indicator light changes back to orange indicating that it's charging
- the cycle is repeated starting the moment the dc jack loses connectivity.
Any ideas beyond hardware bugginess?