Thread: midi conversion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

midi conversion

hi

i was wondering, as audacity will not let me do it, if there is a program to change the midi files (from rosegarden) to other types of music formats eg .ogg .wav or .mp3. help will be most appreciated.

-josh
    Evil terminator ran on windows, the good terminator ran on ubuntu. shows you that it is good to switch or sarah connor would have been killed by bill gates.

Beans

Re: midi conversion

A midi file is just a set of events, not music. You can play that file through an instrument, record it in something like Ardour and then export that as an .mp3 or whatever you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

thanks lots.
    Evil terminator ran on windows, the good terminator ran on ubuntu. shows you that it is good to switch or sarah connor would have been killed by bill gates.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Timidity is a software MIDI renderer, and it can play its output directly into an AIFF, FLAC or Ogg Vorbis file.

Should be something like this:

Code:
    timidity -Ow -o destination.wav source.mid
    I don't have any MIDI files at hand at the moment so I can't try this out for you. If you get stuck, Timidity has a man page.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

im afraid it does not work, oh well, thanks for trying. or if you want to have a go at my problem i have attached a .zip file with the midi inside that i want to convert.
    Attached Files Attached Files